Home > FAQ > Business Law FAQ'S > How to lodge a statutory demand?

The Statutory Demand is served on the Debtor by or on behalf of the Creditor. Once the designated time elapses, the Creditor can issue (or lodge) a bankruptcy or winding-up petition depending on whether the Debtor is a Company or an Individual and use the statutory demand to support their case in those proceedings. Usually at the very least one Affidavit is filed in support of the petition for bankruptcy or winding up petition.

Back to previous content
I Am a Shareholder – We Haven’t Passed Resolutions for a Long Time and I’m Worried About a Lack of Information and Money, What Can I Do? Read More
Can Shareholders Sue the Board of Directors? Read More
Are there Different Types of Unfair Prejudice? Read More