SPEAK TO A LAWYER NOW ON:
OR BOOK A CALL BACK:
CHECKLIST – ENGLAND ONLY
1. Have at least 4 months expired since the start of the tenancy?
2. Was a deposit taken from the tenant?
a. If so, was the deposit protected with a recognised scheme within 30 days of receipt?
b. If a deposit was taken and protected, was the deposit prescribed information, including any applicable leaflet, provided to the tenant within 30 days?
3. If there is any gas supply or appliances within the property was a gas certificate served on the tenant before they occupied the property?
a. Have gas safety certificates been obtained every 12 months and served on the tenants each time?
4. Has an Energy Performance Certificate been obtained for the property? If so, has this been provided to the tenant?
5. Has the tenant been provided with the ‘How to Rent’ booklet?
6. Does the property require an HMO licence, or any other additional licencing put in place by the Local Authority? If so, has the licence been applied for?
7. Have you (landlord or agent) received any notice from the local authority relating to the property – an improvement notice or an emergency remedial action notice?
8. Has any notice been received by you (landlord or agent) from the local authority relating to the property in the last 6 months?
9. For tenancies entered into since 1 June 2019 – have you returned any monies charged to the tenant which are considered prohibited payments by the Tenant Fees Act?